Friday, September 17, 2010

Dishing It Out

So here's an open question for my readers.

The house we bought in north Merritt Island has two DirecTV satellite dishes. One is mounted on a pole in the side yard, the other is mounted on the roof.

We have no use for either, as we have cable. I want them gone, for no other reason than I'm worried about what will happen to them in a significant wind event. (Rumor has it they have hurricanes here in Florida ...)

I don't know what to do with them. Looking on eBay, it appears there's not much of an after-market for these dishes. I called DirecTV but they don't want them back.

Any suggestions?

I'd like to sell them to get a little cash, but if there's no real after-market for these then I'm happy to give them away to anyone competent at removing them.

Please feel free to post here or e-mail me at wordsmithfl@gmail.com with your thoughts, suggestions or inquiries. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment