Monday, February 28, 2011

John Logsdon to Speak at BCC Planetarium


Space historian John Logsdon will appear March 11 at the Brevard Community College Planetarium.

John M. Logsdon, author of John F. Kennedy and the Race to the Moon, is the guest speaker at the Brevard Community College Space & Astronomy Lecture Series.

The venerable space historian will appear on Friday March 11 at 7 PM. The event is at the BCC Planetarium on the Cocoa campus. It's free and open to the public.

I wrote on February 10 that I'm reading the book. I'm about halfway through. Having written here many times about the mythologies of early American space history, I'm finding that much of what I wrote earlier is validated by Logsdon. He adds much more detail, in particular to the political process that led JFK to propose a lunar landing mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment