Major League Baseball's All-Star Game is scheduled for July 10 at Kansas City.
Human spaceflight's All-Star team will appear the next day at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
KSCVC has announced that seven astronauts will appear in the Astronaut Encounter theater to discuss the topic, "Astronauts Speak Out on the Future of Human Spaceflight."
The astronauts are:
- Kent Rominger — STS-73, STS-80, STS-85, STS-96 and STS-100 crews.
- Jim Voss — STS-44, STS-53, STS-69, STS-101 and Expedition 2 crews.
- Nicole Stott — Expedition 20, Expedition 21, STS-128 and STS-129 crews.
- Winston Scott — STS-72 and STS-87 crews.
- Chiaki Mukai (Japan) — STS-65 and STS-95 crews.
- Garrett Reisman — Expedition 16 , Expedition 17, STS-123 and STS-124 crews.
- Ken Bowersox — STS-50, STS-61, STS-73, STS-82 and Expedition-6 crews.
Four-time astronaut and KSC center director Robert Cabana will be the moderator.
Four of these astronauts are working for commercial crew participants.
Kent Rominger is ATK vice president and program manager for Liberty.
Jim Voss is a director for advanced programs for Sierra Nevada.
Garrett Reisman is a senior engineer for SpaceX.
Ken Bowersox recently joined ATK's independent assessment team for Liberty.
The event is included with admission that day to the Visitor Complex.
UPDATE July 14, 2012 — Below is a video of the event.
Click the arrow to watch the video.