Click the arrow to watch the event. Video source: American Museum of Natural History YouTube channel.
Space exploration is entering a new era. Dozens of aerospace companies have emerged in recent years, all with the goal of commercializing space as never before. From serving NASA's cargo needs to sending tourists on space vacations to mining asteroids for profit, this next generation of entrepreneurs, and not NASA, may be the ones who transform space into our backyard, possibly creating the first-ever trillionaires.
Astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson was the moderator. A skeptic of commercial space, he's the host of the Cosmos revival currently airing on Fox TV and Director of the Hayden Planetarium.
- Wanda M. Austin, President and CEO of The Aerospace Corporation
- Michael Gold, Director of DC Operations and Business Growth, Bigelow Aerospace
- John Logsdon, Professor Emeritus, Space Policy & International Affairs, George Washington University
- Elliot Pulham, Chief Executive Officer, Space Foundation
- Tom Shelley, President, Space Adventures, Ltd.
- Robert Walker, Executive Chairman, Wexler & Walker Public Policy Associates
The event is well worth the two hours.