Click the arrow to watch the event. Video source: AIAA YouTube channel.
Earlier this month, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) held its annual space forum in San Diego, California.
Among the events was an August 6 panel titled, “Emerging Space: The Next Industrial Revolution.” On the panel were:
- Robert Pittman, Chief System Engineer, NASA Space Portal (Moderator)
- Robert P. Hoyt, CEO & Chief Scientist, Tethers Unlimited Inc.
- Michael Chen, Michael Chen, CSO and co-founder, Made in Space, Inc.
- Col Gregory Johnson, USAF (Ret.), President and Executive Director, CASIS
- Daniel Faber, Chief Executive Officer, Deep Space Industries
- Jeffrey Manber, Managing Director, NanoRacks
The panel is an excellent discussion of the emerging commercial space industry, and how the International Space Station is the anchor for the NewSpace economy. It's a lot to slog through at 2½ hours, but well worth your time.
For those who claim the U.S. space program is inferior to other nations ... Show me how any of these countries are even remotely close to creating an entirely new economy based on opening space to the private sector. The panelists are among the visionaries who understand how NewSpace is the future of the American economy and the world in the 21st Century.